Tips from Absolutely Dry to prevent mold growth in your home or business.
There are a number of ways you can reduce your chances of mold growing on your property. Taking these precautionary measures can help you keep your home or commercial property dry and inhospitable to mold and mildew growth.
- Fix leaky plumbing and leaks in the building envelope as soon as possible.
- Watch for condensation and wet spots. Fix source(s) of moisture problem(s) as soon as possible.
- Prevent moisture due to condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in air (humidity). To increase surface temperature, insulate, or increase air circulation. To reduce the moisture level in air, repair leaks, increase ventilation (if outside air is cold and dry), or dehumidify (if outdoor air is warm and humid).
- Keep heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed.
- Vent moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible.
- Maintain low indoor humidity, below 60% relative humidity (RH), ideally 30-50%, if possible.
- Perform regular building/HVAC inspections and maintenance as scheduled.
- Clean and dry wet or damp spots within 48 hours.
- Don’t let foundations stay wet. Provide drainage and slope the ground away from the foundation.
Call Today For 24/7 Disaster Recovery Services in Valparaiso, IN
Founded in 2004, Absolutely Dry, LLC serves the northwest Indiana and Michiana areas with water, fire, and mold emergency restoration services. We utilize state of the art drying techniques and employ certified and professional technicians who are ready for any situation. We are a family owned and operated company, so you can trust that we will provide the restoration services you deserve in Valparaiso, IN!